Care Animal Hospital provides reproductive services
to pet owners and breeders alike, including semen collection, freezing,
shipment, and transcervical and surgical insemination.
One of Dr. Aul's Field Trial dogs, Magic,
is available for breeding.
CFC CAFC Taylorslab Magic Trick MH CD
at the 2006 National Open
Qualified for the 2005
Leading Canadian Open Dog 2004
4 Open Wins, 2 2nds, 2
3rds, 2 4ths, 1 JAM
The use of canine frozen semen has increased
dramatically in recent years. As a result, top breeders are now
considering frozen semen an integral part of a complete breeding
The are many advantages of frozen semen:
Fresh-Frozen Semen Collection and Shipping
- Multiple matings from a single collection
- Breeding to an unavailable stud dog (geographic, ill, or deceased.)
- Long-distance and international breeding
- Increased gene pool
- More offspring from excellent studs
- Guarantee top-stud breeding availability to future generations.
- Preserve the genetic line you've worked so hard to develop.
- More revenue for your kennel
Transcervical Endoscopic Insemination
- Excellent conception rates
- Allows for long-distance and international breedings
- Spreads your top bloodlines to otherwise inaccessible areas to improve
the entire breed
An endoscope is used to locate the cervix and pass
a catheter through it for intrauterine insemination. There is no need
for anesthesia and surgery with this technique, which yields excellent
conception rates when high quality chilled or frozen semen and a healthy
bitch are used.
During a short abdominal surgery, semen is directly
injected into the uterus. This technique provides excellent conception
rates when semen quality is low, when using low-dose frozen semen,
or when the female has fertility problems related to the cervix.
Care can help your kennel with:
- OFA & Penn Hip Films
- Pre-purchase and Breeding Soundness Examinations
- Infertility Treatment
- Kennel Health Management